If you remember my prediction about the demise of our postal service earlier this year, and people said I was either crazy, off my rockers, bonkers, ya know – the normal stuff people refer to me anyways – well, today I cam across another news story that supports my theory – that in 5 years our post office will fade away.
In Yahoo! News AP reports with a big heading that reads:
“Post Service slashes 25,000 jobs this year”
Additionally, a main reason is due to “…mail volume declines.”
With such a statement, it is quite safe to conclude and reinforce my theory in that:
- most people are turning their mail activities to online services
- stamps.com is probably cannibalizing their business
- the growing generation of tech savvy people is increasing, fading out the older less tech-savvy generation
- rise is postage price is not exactly a good way to keep customers
- FedEX and UPS dominate expedited services and have been customer service than USPS
- out of 10 friends, how many do you know that sends snail mail? If they are still doing it – please introduce them to GMAIL.com!
What do you think about my theory now?